Wednesday, 1 August 2012

[NBMC] FW: Motorcycling Victoria: Emma Milesevic Wins First Number One Plate at Goulburn Valley

For those interested

 

From: Ryan Fritz [mailto:communications@motorcyclingvic.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, 1 August 2012 10:00 AM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: Motorcycling Victoria: Emma Milesevic Wins First Number One Plate at Goulburn Valley

 

August 1, 2012

 

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

EMMA MILESEVIC WINS FIRST NUMBER ONE PLATE AT GOULBURN VALLEY

 

VICTORIA’s youngest and brightest motocross riders were on show for all to see at the final round of the 2012 Victorian Junior Motocross Championships at the Goulburn Valley Motorcycle Club at Mooroopna on July 28-29.

14-year-old Emma Milesevic produced a shining display of riding on Sunday, July 29 where she won her first-ever Number One Plate in the Vic Chicks class.

Emma won ten out of a possible twelve races throughout the championship and picked up 294 points. Alysha Goullet finished in second on 243 points and defending 2011 Vic Chicks champion Sarah Stubbs finished in third on 217 points.

 “It was the first Victorian title that I have ever won so I was pretty pumped,” Emma reflected. “All the girls were riding pretty well so I was really happy about the win,” Emma added.

16-year-old Stubbs and Milesevic were hard to separate throughout the day. Stubbs won the opening moto and finished off with two hard-earned seconds. However, Milesevic won the remaining two motos and even clocked the fastest time of the day, a 1:46.300, in the first moto. Alysha was also in close contention, picking up two thirds for the round.

“Sarah Stubbs rode really well all season. She has definitely gotten a lot quicker from last year and she should have a really good senior career in the way that she’s riding. She’ll be right up there,” Emma said.

Asked what round stood out for her for the year, the 2012 champion replied: “I think the last round. I really like Shepparton. That’s where the whole season came together,” Emma continued.

“I really liked the track. There were some really good ruts and the jumps were fun as!

“I enjoyed the last race too. I got the holeshot and had the track almost to myself and I was able to enjoy it more knowing that I already had the title,” Emma said.

 

Emma, who from the age of eight started racing alongside her older brother Joel Milesevic in the state’s premier motocross competition for juniors, has big plans for the future and would like nothing more than to compete against the best. “I would definitely like to be like Kristy Gillespie one day,” Emma added.

“I can’t wait to get to the seniors, hopefully where I can win a few titles, and have a go at the Nationals,” she continued.

“I would really like to thank my mum and dad for bringing me, JBS Motorsports; Ords Motorcycles, Alltech Suspensions, C&R Imports, Maxima Oils, Scott, One Industries, Kawasaki Clothing, Forma Boots, Cross Fit Ballarat, Lauren Lavery Sports Therapy, and the Hockey and Norton families who have helped me out a lot,’ Emma praised.

Emma is competing at the 2012 Honda Australian Junior Motocross Championships in Coolum in October but her plans don’t stop there: “Hopefully, I’ll be able defend my title next year, as well as compete against the boys in 125cc class!”


The Presentation Night for the 2012 Victorian Motocross Championships is on at the Ultima Function Centre in Keilor on September 1.

 

Ends

Attached Image:
MilesevicStubbs.jpg Attached Caption: Emma Milesevic (No. 43) chases down the Number One Plate (Sarah Stubbs No.1) at the Goulburn Valley Junior Motorcycle Club on Sunday, July 29.

 

 

Ryan Fritz

Communications Officer
Motorcycling Victoria

A: Suite 125 / 9 Hall Street, Port Melbourne, VIC 3207
P: (03) 9673 0606 | F: (03) 9673 0620 | M: 0413 728 626

E: communications@motorcyclingvic.com.au | W:  www.motorcyclingvic.com.au

ü Please consider the environment before printing this email

 

No comments: