From: Megan Hannan [mailto:Communications@ma.org.au]
Sent: Wednesday, 28 March 2012 11:53 AM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: Media Release: Crump chases glory at 2012 Speedway Grand Prix opener in New Zealand

Media Release
For immediate release
28 March 2012
Crump chases glory in New Zealand
Aussie Speedway star Jason Crump has just one intention in mind for this weekend’s 2012 FIM Speedway Grand Prix World Championship opener in New Zealand, and that is to take victory at his ‘home’ GP.
Western Springs Raceway in Auckland will be the scene for New Zealand’s first ever helping of the Championship, and the raceway’s big 413 metre track will suit the triple World Champion well.
Having trained hard during the off-season, Crump will enter the weekend in excellent form.
“This is the first time in nineteen years that I have spent six months at home in Australia and it has done me a world of good,” Crump said.
“I have trained harder than ever so I am physically and mentally ready, my bikes are ready and I want to start winning GP’s again.”
“My engines have had a good working over by a couple of talented Aussies and the result of their work is fantastic. I can’t wait for the racing to start again, but I am not being over confident as I know all the other riders have been working hard as well.”
“There will be a lot of Aussies flying into Auckland to see the Grand Prix so I will have lots of support for them. I will be doing my best and going hard for that top spot on the podium.”
Crump will be joined by fellow Australian Chris Holder in the sixteen-rider line-up.
The opening round of the 2012 Speedway Grand Prix will be aired live from New Zealand on SPEED this Saturday at 1:30pm, with expert insight from ten-times Australian Champion Leigh Adams, and exclusive interviews with Crump and Holder.
For further information please contact jasoncrump@bigpond.com.
-Ends-
Megan Hannan
Communications Officer
Motorcycling Australia
Tel: (03) 9684 0511
___________________________________
Location: 147 Montague Street, South Melbourne, Victoria
Postal: PO Box 134, South Melbourne, Victoria, 3205
Mob: 0438 859 825 Fax: (03) 9684 0555
Doc No: 43012657
File No: M01.04
This message has been scanned for malware by Websense. www.websense.com
No comments:
Post a Comment