
Press Release
For immediate release
26 July 2010
King and Taylor inaugural Vets Champs at 2010 Rockstar Energy Drink MX Nationals
| Click on images to download high res | |
| Image: Veterans 40+ Championship L-R Stuart McFerran, Darryll King, Brad Williscroft Credit: kajx COMMUNICATIONS | Image: Veterans 35 to Under 40 Championship L-R Matthew Dumigan, Yarrive Konsky, Cameron Taylor |
Making its debut as an Australian Championship, the two Veterans classes at the final round of the 2010 Rockstar Energy Drink MX Nationals were a massive success, with two inaugural Veterans Australian Motocross Champions crowned.
In the 35 years to under 40 years class, former Aussie Champion Cameron 'the holeshot king' Taylor made a triumphant return to the racing scene making it a clean sweep of the three motos on Saturday.
Taylor finished ahead of Cougar Bourbon Honda Thor Racing team boss Yarrive Konsky, who was consistent in second place, while Yamaha mounted Matthew Dumigan wrapped up the day in third place.
Speaking after the final race, Taylor was pleased with National Title number four.
"Four is better than three and I don't think I'll get many more opportunities to win," Taylor said.
"It's good to get another trophy and I don't get too many of these anymore – so it's great.
"I've got to thank Kev and his crew at WEM [Williams Event Management] for putting on the event - it gives us old boys something to go out there and try to win.
"I had fun out there with Yarrive - I've been riding with Yarrive most of my life so it's good to get out there with him."
With the 40+ years class taking to the track on Sunday it was Kiwi rider and former Aussie Champ Darryll King on board a Yamaha who dominated, taking out three races from three.
King, who has been riding in the Pro Lites class all season, crashed during a Pro Opens race on Saturday, and was feeling sore and sorry for himself at the beginning of the day.
"I'm surprised with the way I rode actually," King said.
"When I rode in practice this morning, I was thinking 'I don't know how I'm going to get through 18 laps in the next three races' but I did.
"Mental toughness is what National Champions are about and that's the difference between winners and losers I suppose, toughing it out when the going gets tough.
"This year the Pro Lites guys just kept getting faster and faster, and I didn't have time at home to put in as much as I needed which let me down.
"Congratulations to all the Vets who came out today and had a ride – great job guys and we had fun.
"If the body heals up after Saturday's mishap I think I'll be looking at the last round of the World Vets Championship in Holland – and next year, hopefully Australia will get the opening GP and we'll be back – it's fun riding, it's so addictive this sport and we'll just keep going on."
Enduro and Off Road legend and KTM stalwart Brad Williscroft wrapped up the day in second place overall, with a 2-3-2 scorecard followed by Honda mounted Stuart McFerran who claimed third place.
Series Promoter and Director of Williams Event Management (WEM) Kevin Williams said that it was incredible to see so many riders keen to get back out there, having a crack at their own National Title.
"Congratulations to the riders," Williams said.
"It's incredible to see so many riders taking up the challenge and battling it out for an Australian Championship.
"We saw some great racing out here over the weekend and are keen to further develop the Championship classes.
"For 2011 WEM will be looking at the class age groups, and depending on rider interest will look at expanding to more than one round."
35 years to Under 40 Veterans Championship Standings
| Rider | Manufacturer | Points |
| Cameron Taylor | Yamaha | 75 |
| Yarrive Konsky | Honda | 66 |
| Matthew Dumigan | Yamaha | 58 |
| Mark Oberthur | Suzuki | 56 |
| Steven Mouritz | Suzuki | 44 |
40+ years Veterans Championship Standings
| Rider | Manufacturer | Points |
| Darryll King | Yamaha | 75 points |
| Brad Williscroft | KTM | 64 |
| Stuart McFerran | Honda | 62 |
| George Knight | Suzuki | 49 |
| Brett Scott |
| 49 |
For more information about the 2010 Rockstar Energy Drink MX Nationals check out www.mxnationals.com.au and www.ma.org.au.
"ROCKSTAR is the world's most powerful energy drink. Enhanced with the potent herbal blend of Guarana, Ginkgo, Ginseng and Milk Thistle, ROCKSTAR is formulated to provide an incredible energy boost for those who lead active and exhausting lifestyles - from athletes to rock stars.
ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINK is available in thirteen amazing flavours: Original, Sugar Free, Zero Carb, Juiced Mango Orange Passion Fruit, Juiced Guava, Juiced Pomegranate, Tropical Punched, Punched Citrus, Roasted Mocha, Roasted Latte, Roasted Light Vanilla, Cola, and Recovery. ROCKSTAR ENERGY SHOTS are available in Wild Berry and Tropical Punch flavours.
ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINK is available at convenience and grocery retail outlets across the United States, Canada, Australia, Austria, Belgium, France, Ireland, New Zealand, Japan, Germany, Switzerland, Finland, Spain, The Netherlands, the United Arab Emirates, and throughout the United Kingdom."
-Ends-
For further information please contact:
Erin Lagoudakis
Communications Officer
Motorcycling Australia
Tel: (03) 9684 0511
___________________________________
Location: 147 Montague Street, South Melbourne, Victoria
Postal: PO Box 134, South Melbourne, Victoria, 3205
Mob: 0439 396 397 Fax: (03) 9684 0555
Do you really need to print this email? Think and Ride Green!
This message has been scanned for malware by Websense. www.websense.com
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 9.0.851 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/3028 - Release Date: 07/26/10 04:36:00




No comments:
Post a Comment