Monday, 28 June 2010

FW: Larsen continues dominance at 2010 Rockstar Energy Drink MX Nationals

 

MA-Registered-Logo-Event-media-1
WEM
rockstar

 

 


Press Release

For immediate release

27 June 2010

 

Larsen continues dominance at 2010 Rockstar Energy Drink MX Nationals

Click on Images to download hi res

Credit: kajx COMMUNICATIONS

pj-larsen-by-kajx-COMMUNICATIONSsml.jpg
 

 

 

 

 

 


ross-beaton-by-kajx-COMMUNICATIONSsml.jpgImage: PJ Larsen

 

 

 

 

 

Image: Ross Beaton

JDR Motorex KTM's PJ Larsen has continued his domination of the Pro Lites class by taking out the sixth round of the 2010 Rockstar Energy Drink MX Nationals, while Yamaha Junior Development Team rider Ross Beaton has won the Under 19's class.

Larsen kicked off the day qualifying fastest ahead of Serco Yamaha's Ford Dale and Team Rockstar Motul Suzuki's Lawson Bopping.

He then proceeded to dominate for the rest of the day, taking the lead in all three races and appearing unstoppable at every turn.

In the first moto, Larsen was chased down by teammate Ryan Marmont, with Dale and Kawasaki Racing Team's Codie Mackie close behind.

While Dale settled into second place, Mackie and Marmont battled it out for the remaining podium place, with Marmont overcoming the Kawasaki rider to take third.

A red flag within the first two laps of the second moto had riders back at the gate waiting patiently for a re-start, however when gates dropped it was a repeat performance as Larsen once again flew through to take the holeshot and a commanding lead.

South Australian and Serco Yamaha rider Kirk Gibbs managed to keep pace with Larsen when he broke away in the first few laps; however the closest he could get was still more than three seconds behind, before the American rider slipped away.

The third moto wasn't much different expect it was new recruit to the JDR Motorex KTM Racing satellite team - Queenslander Brendan Harrison, who was fighting for second place, overcoming challenges from Gibbs, Dale, Mackie and UK rider and Serco Yamaha mounted Jason Dougan.

With a quick look over his shoulder in the last lap, Larsen knew he was in the clear and with a pump of the fist, rode to finish the round with a perfect score.

While Larsen was enjoying the spoils at the front of the pack, Wodonga local and former Australian Women's Motocross Champ Kristy Gillespie, was making the most of her Wildcard entry to line up against the guys, and with 28-30-25 scorecard from the weekend, she can certainly come away with her head held high.

In the Under 19's class it appeared MX Rad Coastal KTM's Josh Cachia would continue to build on his Championship lead, however despite winning the first moto, he couldn't hold back former Tasmanian Beaton, who was in fine form, taking out the last two motos and the round win.

Beaton has now made some inroads to reigning in Cachia's points lead, and now sits 26 points behind the Kilmore local.

Quotes:

PJ Larsen - Pro Lites Round Winner and Championship Leader

"I'm really happy going three for three," Larsen said.

"I got three good starts on the concrete today but the track was a little tricky and it was easy to make mistakes on.

"I just really tried to break away quickly, find my pace and just settle in for the ride.

"There's more that I could do in those first three laps, but I just need the pace to get a good gap and after that I just keep my eye on the guys behind me and set into a pace the same as theirs so they can't catch me!"

Kristy Gillespie – local wildcard entry

"I did alright out there today," Gillespie said.

"I got 28th in the first race, but I ran off the track in the second one and got a bit out of shape which took a bit out of me.

"I think the last race was probably my best one, I went harder earlier on and it helped me to get ahead.

"PJ Larsen, in that last race, came around to lap me, and it was on this back sweeper, and I'd been taking sort of the same line as him and he just went like 20 cms inside and missed all the bumps that I was hitting.

"You just look at that and go 'wow' - that's pretty much the best thing about riding with the guys, you can follow them for at least half a turn and learn so much from them so I really enjoyed it."

Ross Beaton - Under 19 Round Winner

 "It's been a great day today," Beaton said.

"All the boys on the team have worked so hard; we put in the hours and do what we need to do to get on top.

"It's all just finally paying off and working for me so it's been an awesome.

"All it takes is a few race wins to close the gap on the Series leader, and hopefully get the points back and go from there.

"I love having the number one, I've had second place plenty of times before so it's good to be up on the top step."

Josh Cachia - Championship Leader

"I definitely wanted to do better out there today," Cachia said.

"I can't hold my head too low today, Ross has still got a long way to go – I've still got a lot of points between us so if I stay this consistent I can't be beaten in the Championship.

"I'm doing what I want to do which is winning - and second just doesn't satisfy me anymore!

"It's tough: I've come second and I feel like I'm not even in the top ten, so I won't be satisfied unless I get that number one – so I'll definitely come out fighting at the next round."

Pr o Lites Results

Qualifying

Moto 1

Moto 2

Moto 3

Round Results

Championship Standings

1: PJ Larsen (KTM)

1: Larsen

1: Larsen

1: Larsen

1: Larsen 75 points

1: Larsen 357 points

2: Ford Dale (Yamaha)

2: Dale

2: Gibbs

2: Brendan Harrison (KTM)

2: Mackie 58

2: Gibbs 273

3: Lawson Bopping (Suzuki)

3: Ryan Marmont (KTM)

3: Mackie

3: Mackie

3: Marmont 50

3: Mackie 271

4: Kirk Gibbs (Yamaha)

4: Mackie

4: Dale

4: Dougan

4: Dale 50

4: Marmont 265

5: Cody Mackie (Kawasaki)

5: Jason Dougan (Yamaha)

5: Marmont

5: Bopping

5: Dougan 47

5: Dale 226

 

Under 19's Results

Qualifying

Moto 1

Moto 2

Moto 3

Round Results

Championship Standings

1: Josh Cachia (KTM)

1: Cachia

1: Beaton

1: Beaton

1: Beaton 68 points

1: Cachia 334 points

2: Dylan Peterson (Honda)

2: Matthew Phillips (Honda)

2: Peterson

2: Quinlan

2: Cachia 61

2: Beaton 308

3: Luke Arbon (Kawasaki)

3: Peterson

3: Cachia

3: Dillon

3: Peterson 60

3: Peterson 255

4: Errol Willis (Suzuki)

4: Beaton

4: Arbon

4: Peterson

4: Quinlan 52

4: M Phillips 248

5: Ross Beaton (Yamaha)

5: Arbon

5: Harley Quinlan (Yamaha)

5: Cachia

5: M Phillips 45

5: Arbon 231

The seventh round of the 2010 Rockstar Energy Drink MX Nationals will be held on Sunday 18 July at:

Moree Motorcycle Club
10 minutes North of Moree
Newell HWY
NSW

Admission:

Adult $30
Family (Two adults, two kids) $70
Kids (5-15 years) $15

For more information about the 2010 Rockstar Energy Drink MX Nationals check out www.mxnationals.com.au and www.ma.org.au.

 

"ROCKSTAR is the world's most powerful energy drink. Enhanced with the potent herbal blend of Guarana, Ginkgo, Ginseng and Milk Thistle, ROCKSTAR is formulated to provide an incredible energy boost for those who lead active and exhausting lifestyles - from athletes to rock stars.

ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINK is available in thirteen amazing flavours: Original, Sugar Free, Zero Carb, Juiced Mango Orange Passion Fruit, Juiced Guava, Juiced Pomegranate, Tropical Punched, Punched Citrus, Roasted Mocha, Roasted Latte, Roasted Light Vanilla, Cola, and Recovery. ROCKSTAR ENERGY SHOTS are available in Wild Berry and Tropical Punch flavours.

ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINK is available at convenience and grocery retail outlets across the United States, Canada, Australia, Austria, Belgium, France, Ireland, New Zealand, Japan, Germany, Switzerland, Finland, Spain, The Netherlands, the United Arab Emirates, and throughout the United Kingdom."

 

-Ends-

 

For further information please contact:

 

Erin Lagoudakis
Communications Officer
Motorcycling Australia

Tel: (03) 9684 0511

www.ma.org.au

 ___________________________________

Location: 147 Montague Street, South Melbourne, Victoria

Postal: PO Box 134, South Melbourne, Victoria, 3205

Mob: 0439 396 397     Fax: (03) 9684 0555

Do you really need to print this email? Think and Ride Green!

 

This message has been scanned for malware by Websense. www.websense.com

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 9.0.830 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2967 - Release Date: 06/28/10 04:35:00

No comments: